Wednesday, July 21, 2021

New and Improved Game Writing Portfolio Webinar!

Last year, I was planning to have another run of Game Writing Primer but the pandemic and subsequent lockdown made that impossible. I checked in with my former students and was delighted to hear of their successes, games, awards, job offers, start-ups, and even a pending wedding between two of them!

PlayCrafting asked me to do a Webinar, which I knew could not be the same as the popular workshop series, Game Writing Portfolio Workout.  This remote learning Webinar was informational and not that interactive. Still, from the feedback I've gathered, my students found it very useful.

There's just not many places to learn the do's and don't's of game writing portfolios.  


Since last year's Webinar, I've been asked to repeat the Webinar and to accommodate any non-East Coast people who want to attend.  I've also conducted interviews with jobseekers and hirers in order to improve the Webinar.   

If you are interested in learning the best way to prepare and present your game writing portfolio, please go here to help me with the scheduling.  I'll notify you when it's time for class.

Sande Chen is a writer and game designer with over 15 years of experience in the industry. Her writing credits include Independent Games Festival winner Terminus and the PC RPG of the Year, The Witcher, for which she was nominated for a Writers Guild Award in Videogame Writing. She is the co-author of Serious Games: Games That Educate, Train, and Inform, a founding member of the IGDA Game Design SIG, and an expert in the field of educational game design.

0 comments:

Post a Comment